is a civic society promoting, protecting and raising interest in the City of Glasgow, through campaigning, discussion, projects, talks and exhibitions
The aims of the Society are:
To promote, encourage and stimulate public interest in, and care for, the beauty, history and character of the city of Glasgow and its surroundings;
To encourage high standards of architecture and town planning in the Glasgow region in co-operation with other interested organisations where appropriate;
To encourage the preservation, development and improvement of features of general public amenity or historic interest;
To pursue these ends by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, publications, conferences, publicity and the promotion of schemes of a charitable nature.
- October 2018: Objection to Residential Development Proposal, 7-11a North Claremont Street
- Doors Open Days 2018: info sheet!
- June 2018 – Guest editorial: Friends of Victoria Park
- April 2018 – Proposed demolition of 335-345 Argyle Street
- March 2018 – Custom House proposals
- March 2017 – The other sides of the student accommodation debate
- January 2017 – Style Mile vs. Geek Street